I am invested in helping each of my clients to set and attain their unique therapy goals. I respect and honor the therapeutic relationship I share with each individual, couple, and family, realizing that this, above all, facilitates the process of growth and change. I offer a safe and non-judgemental space to explore solutions to a wide range of life challenges. I am a culturally sensitive and GLBT friendly practitioner.
I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Biology, and graduated Cum Laud from Central Michigan University. After working with both teens and adults with mental health and substance use issues, I earned a Master of Clinical Social Work degree from Michigan State University.
I relocated from Michigan to Florida in 1997, and became licensed to practice psychotherapy in the State of Florida in 1999.
I am recognized as a Quality Supervisor by the FL Department of Health and Human Services, for both clinical social work and mental health counseling interns. I have worked extensively with teens and adults with mental health, substance abuse, and dual diagnosis presentations.
Some of my areas of expertise include:
- Individual therapy for depression, anxiety, and other mood symptoms
- Rapid Trauma Resolution with Clinical Hypnosis
- Cognitive behavioral therapy - cited in numerous research studies as an effective treatment approach for depression, anxiety, compulsive sexual behaviors, panic disorder, and O.C.D.
- E.M.D.R. (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). I have Advanced Training in E.M.D.R., cited in numerous research studies to be an effective treatment for trauma resolution, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- GLBT, gender identity, self-image, and body image issues
- Overcoming the effects of discrimination, bullying and childhood trauma