Life can be full of problems, anxieties, dead-end situations, or just feels empty sometimes. During our individual counseling sessions, I can help you to uncover the source of stress, pain, resentment, or frustration in your life. I can help you determine goals, and set in motion a plan to create and sustain positive changes. I have 22 years of experience helping people just like you.
Where can individual counseling help?
- Personal enrichment, development and movement toward optimal functioning
- Resolving anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem
- Healing grief and trauma
- Support and therapy around HIV, STDs, and other medical problems
- Clearing family of origin or childhood issues
- Working through sexual identity or transgender issues
- Dealing with intimacy issues, dating issues, and compulsive sexual behaviors
- Understanding your emotions and improving people skills
- Adjusting to change
How does it work?
I help people to understand their feelings and needs. Together, we develop a plan and determine what things would facilitate positive changes in your life. This is how we do it:
- Discuss current situations in which you are feeling "stuck"
- Explore what you would like to accomplish
- Identify strengths, problem-solving skills and obstacles to problem resolutiuon
- Collaborate to determine which of several therapeutic approaches will be the most efficient and effective in accomplishing your goals
- Maintain an open dialog as you move forward, addressing and resolving those things blocking your fulfillment and happiness
- We monitor your progress regularly, spreading sessions as you complete goals, and ending therapy as you see fit
- My door is always open, and clients often return as needed if future concerns arise